- Am a Malaysian Chinese married to an Indian American = 2 "rojak" mixed Chin-dian American-Malaysian kids:
- Favorite number is 3! It all started when I was in school and had always been placed 3rd ranking academically in class for many consecutive years. Thus the number 3 has stuck with me ever since.
-my 2 older brothers and I have had 3 different Mandarin Chinese tuition teachers coz we made them ALL CRY! That's the reason why our Mandarin is "baby" entry level! but we are all fluent in Malay + English. Cantonese being average (able to understand mostly, speaking - basic, written -none)
- inherited long slim fingers from my mom (good genes) and the parents decided to send me for piano lessons to make full use of it. Did really well until grade 5? but decided to quit since I couldn't "play by ear". It wasn't worth it since my ultimate goal was to play effortlessly at church and not to play by reading notes!
As a consolation, my dad said that I could be a "hand model"... guess my face can't make it :P
- have a mole on my left arm that could be spotted from a mile away! mr. Hubby commented that I should incorporate it into a tattoo design to make it "prettier". That's one of the reason why I stay away from wearing sleeveless. But the truth is because I have "big arm syndrome" which most ladies can relate to! even after carrying 2 babies, it hasn't "toned up" enough!
-grew up with 2 very protective older brothers which I used to hate for being overly protective but am thankful now. Any BOYS who called the house phone will be quickly shot down and rejected if answered by either of the brothers. Also I remember when I was much younger, I left my mark (poo poo-ed) in the living room and was yelled at by the oldest brother and I think it was my first and DEFINITELY the LAST time ever doing that!
-was on the netball team and track n field team all through out my school days! enjoyed every moment of it as I got to hang out with friends and have fun! But now that I'm an adult, I regret having been under the hot sun for LONG hours as it made me "dark" skinned and have always been mistaken as a Malay/Thai/ Indon/etc...but never as a Chinese Malaysian :( I was being questioned frequently especially when I was in the USA (and still am).
-was in a "Hikers outdoor club" where I met lots of wonderful happening friends, did lots of camping in the jungle and hiked the highest mountain in South East Asia, Mount Kinabalu at the age of 15! Am thankful for this opportunity as I learnt a lot of basic survival skill.
-was in the worship team (backup singer) and active in youth activities in church where we did lots of dancing, singing, drama, games, camp, etc. Lots of wonderful memories and lifelong friends were made!
-was in the dance team during my university days in USA - woke up at 5am for practice with the team! It was tough especially during winter months when I had to drag myself up and brave the cold. Got to perform during half time for the basketball and football games.
-graduated from high school and didn't know exactly what course of studies I should go into. So my dad chose Computer Science for me as it was the "IN thing" during my era if you were born in 1982... Lols... so off I went from Malaysia to a private university in Indiana, USA to pursue my bachelors degree majoring in Computer Science and minoring in both MIS and Mathematics.
-graduated uni with flying colors 4.96/5 CGPA to be exact! went to work for a small financial software company called Investigo, Fort Wayne, Indiana and then moved on to a bigger company called Cummins, Inc where I met my then bf and now mr. Hubby! We both worked in the same team and sat an aisle away... he sat across a shared printer machine thus I was his no. 1 regular printing customer!
-Cummins being a diesel engine company and working in the software side of the company, I was constantly surrounded by GUYS...geeky guys to be exact (minus Mr.hubby of coz ;) )!!! hahahaha... thus, I only managed to work as a computer engineer for a total of 4 years.
- decided I needed to quit my job, packed my bags including mr. Fiance and moved back to Malaysia as I wanted to be closer to my parents after being away for 6 years (studies+work). But instead we settled down in Singapore as Cummins had a branch in Singapore and mr. Hubby got transferred (and thankfully we did as we loved it very much). As for me, I was the wedding planner planning our garden wedding from scratch back in Malaysia.
- once married and settled down in Singapore, I decided to pursue my childhood dream. Having grown up in a flying family (dad n bro - pilots, sis in law - stewardess), I had flying blood in me. Thus I became an air stewardess and fulfilled my childhood dreams! Everyday was a HOLIDAY, it didn't feel like work AT ALL! I get to wake up in a different country, eat different cuisines and sight see different places! and shop shop shop...
- been a stay at home mom (SAHM) ever since baby Si (then baby Skye) came into my life and loving every moment of it. Started this blog when baby Si was 6 mths old (to keep our family especially grandparents~who's overseas, up to date) and never looked back!
we've been so greatly blessed by this blog that we got to attend lots of eventful events, made blogger friends, product reviews and best of all creating wonderful memories while experiencing new things!
Pray for us that God will provide us with guidance and wisdom for our next chapter in life in choosing a city to settle down and restart our new life adventure!!!
(Picture taken a days before we left Singapore)